Thursday, March 19, 2015

Berlin Memorial Activity- 03/19/15

1- What did you learn?

The Holocaust hit all people hard, but it hit the Jews the hardest. Not only because many of them were murdered because of Hitler's ideas but because his ideas took away their freedom. One way that Hitler did this was he put in laws to be set on the Jewish. In fact he set in more than 400 decrees that ranged from lesser things to many of the bigger things, like education, jobs, or even soap. Hitler did this so that the Jews would not have anymore hope or even be considered human. 

2- Why do you think this monument was built?

I think this monument as built so that people could remember the inhumanity that the Jews had to go through. It serves to show that there should never be anything like the holocaust again.





3- What did you notice about the number of laws passed in certain years?


I noticed that throughout the years there were periods where the amount of decrees got smaller, and the amount of decrees also larger. I also noticed that when the Nazi army won or triumphed in something then the amount of decrees would be greater that year. It didn't just happen when the Nazis won a war it also happened when Hitler got greater power.


4- Which restrictions do you think you would have the most trouble dealing with and why?

Two of the restrictions I distinctly remember was about was hat the Jews couldn't get any education and that they couldn't have soap. I would have trouble with both of these. I would have trouble with not having school because then I wouldn't have any education to get far in life. I would also struggle with that because that is the place where you meet  many of your friends. I would struggle with not having soap or being able to bath properly because then I would smell good, and I would have trouble focusing.

2 comments:

  1. Gustavo,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog this week! Maybe, next time, put more thought on why you think the monument was built, because it wasn't just because of one, very broad idea (maybe add examples of laws that they don't want to happen again). Also, for your third answer, maybe give an explanation as to why the decrees got smaller and larger during certain periods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you not only give your opinion, but you gave examples and evidence to back back it up. I also think that the monument was built to remember how bad the Jews had and for it to never happen again. I also love your reasoning behind why you would have trouble without soap. Overall, great blog.

    ReplyDelete