Monday, October 20, 2014

Quarter 1 :Reflection 8/18/14 - 10/17/14

Gustavo Guzman
10/17/14

How have your blogs been progressing since August?
My blogs have progressed greatly since August I have come to understand it more and the new objectives. The new objectives give me a reason to not just read the book for fun but to have a purpose instead of just picking what ever in the end. I was rough in the beginning but i am starting to smooth out my mistakes with my teacher.



What strategies have benefited you?


The strategies that have benefited me in Blogging are many there are two that I use most often and sometimes together. One is I check on other peoples blogs and see what they have written in there blog to try and get the them of the blog for this week. After doing that I have better knowledge on what I am doing so I start my blog. The second strategy I use is talk about the book in the beginning so I can recap about what I read. This helps my readers and me to understand the blog more. After I just answer the question given to talk abut the book.

Where are you in your 40 Book Challenge? 

Over the summer till now I have started to actually like reading. I read on a daily basis if I don't read at least one chapter a day I feel like I have read nothing. Over the summer I beat the forty book challenge so this year I am aiming for 60 books its a big challenge but in the breaks I read a lot because I usually have nothing to do. For this year I have read about 5 books already and thats a pretty good number because I have many sports that I do during the day.

 What have you learned about the world? 


The world is a fascinating place especially now you can be in one place and learn about news in multiply other places. With technology you can explore the world without even actually moving around much. What I have learned about the world so far is that well the world is growing in good and bad ways. I have learned about Ebola the deadly Ebola virus that is killing many people and is becoming a global thing. I have also learned about ISIS threats on America and how they might be in the U.S.A. There aren't just bad things in the world thought there are also good things in the world like. The Nobel peace prize and how it was awarded to Malala the girl who is fighting for girls to go to school and Kailash Satyarthi a children's right activist in India.

How have your research skills improved?



My research skills have improved so much this year with citing your sources and having to find your own sources I have learned how to find things quick and efficiently. If you were to give me a piece of information and you wanted me to find a more explicit version of it give me 60 seconds tops. Your probably asking how I got this good well there are three main reasons. Number one is just basically listening to my teacher and fixing what she tells me is wrong or can be made better. Number two is learning form my own mistakes and experience and the last one is learning form others mistakes, which I do a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment