Friday, January 2, 2015

To kill a Mockingbird 12/15/14

Title: To Kill A Mockingbird
Author: Harper Lee
Date: 12/20/14
Prompt: Describe the similarities and differences between the a character and you.

In this book the character that I believe I am more similar to is Jem. I believe me and Jem are similar because Jem was always curious about Boo. It is normal to be curious but sometimes you may take it out of had like looking through someones window to see how they look. I am kind of like Jem in a way be because I have always wondered what some things are and maybe even hurt myself doing it. Sometimes you need to hold back and let things reveal themselves when the time comes. Like when Boo saves them.

The differences between me and Jem are many, but the one that stood out to me is that he is always giving Scout some advice. I wouldn't be able to be him and help someone out when there in a tough situation. I never have anything to say to someone but once I leave I know what to say by that time there gone. He is kind of like a mini Atticus Finch. There are many more reasons why we aren't the same but I don't have enough time to explain them all.

In this book there are many characters that are similar to me and are different from me. I chose Jem because he is the closest to are age. I believe that all the characters from the story represent something though. The good the Bad or the hunter and the mockingbird. They all represent something. The one thing they all come back to is Society and how it can kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment