Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Narrative project

3- Imagine that it is fifty years after Montresor's crime against Fortunato has been committed. Montresor believes that he has gotten away with this crime, but suddenly new evidence has come to light. Another festival attendant recalls seeing Fortunato leave the party with Montresor. This witness hasn't come forward until now because she was afraid of what he might do; however now that she is old, she has decided that there is nothing to gain by continuing to hide his secret.

The authorities have picked up Montresor and brought him to the local police station for questioning. Write a one page dialogue that illustrates Montresor's conversation with police.

Attendant interview: Name changed to keep there identity a secret

Police: Tell me what did you see?
Attendant: I saw many things that night can you explain more?
Police: When and where did you see Montresor?
Attendant: I saw him leave with a strange fellow, he was talking to himself
Police: What where you doing at the time ?
Attendant: I was walking pick up the garbage that the people of the carnival left
Police:Where they drunk?
Attendant: There where many people drunk that night it was hard to tell, but I did follow them if that would help
Police: Hmm... tell me more about how you followed them
Attendant: I followed them after about a few seconds from there disappearance. I lost them after they went into the Montresors property.
Police:Interesting thanks for your information John
Attendant: I just want to know if there okay
Police: No there fine

****
Down in the Montresors catacombs

Police: I found this map of the catacombs in the Montresor's dresser
Police 2:Now we can begin the great search of the Montresor's catacombs
(Thump thump thump)
Police: The trail seems to have ended here
Police 2: Sir but on the map it says there still is catacombs left
Police:Hmm interesting
(Knock Knock Knock)
Police: The catacombs are hollow
Police: Lets bring the in somebody to find whats behind this wall and bring Montresor to the police station so I could speak to him.
Police 2:Right away sir

****

Police: Hello Gavin
Demolishing crew: Hello Officer so what are we dealing with today.
Police: Well we need you to demolish this wall, so we could find out what is behind it.
Demolishing crew: Be we are in the catacombs aren't there dead bodies.
Police: There shouldn't be its not the end of the catacombs. I have no Idea why it is blocked.
Demolishing crew:Okay as you wish sir
(thunk thunk crash)
Police: Step away from the demolished wall
Demolishing crew: Why Officer
(cough cough)
Police: Thats why.
Demolishing crew: Its a body, a dead body
Police: thank you, you can leave now
Demolishing crew: But.. Okay have a nice day

****

Montresor:Hello officer why am I here?
Police: You tell me
Montresor: Sir there are few things that I can tell you about why am I here. You on the other had can tell me more.
Police: Don't be smart with me im not the one introuble. Well have you been in the catacombs in 4 years?
Montresor: Yes I actually have 3 years ago with Fortunato.
Police: What where you doing down there.
Montresor: We were looking for amontillado
Police:In the catacombs?
Montresor: Yes they keep the amontillado there, so its cold.
Police: But Fortunato never came up with you.
Montresor:He got drunk so I told him I would come back in my car to carry him to his house. When I came back though he was gone.
Police: What happened next?
Montresor: Nothing hap....

Doctor: Hello Montresor:

Montresor: Where Where am I.

Doctor:  you are in the hospital after you got hit by the car.

Montresor: But Amontillado what happened to the police.

Doctor: Sir we don't have police we haven't had them since 2020 and amontillado

is no more the last bottle is gone.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great narrative! I love how you not only had the police and Montresor as characters, but many others. I'm so happy you chose the name Gavin, I believe that's the best name ever.

    ReplyDelete