Sunday, April 13, 2014

Harry Houdini

Title: Harry Houdini/ Young Magician
By: Kathryn Kilby Borland and Helen Ross Speicher
Week: 04/07/14
Prompt:Draw a picture for what you just read.


In this book it shows the beginning and the end of Harry Houdini's career. All of Harry Houdini's acts and magic acts that inspired the world of magic are in this book. Harry Houdini was a very interesting man he wasn't really scared of danger he knew how to get out of all his tricks. How to act like he was in trouble but there where certain point where people thought he was actual a crazy man with his career. He has had times where he almost died but he wasn't scared because he liked his career. Till one day he could handle it anymore and just didn't make it through one of his tricks.


I drew this picture because it shows how Houdini died it shows how his tricks helped to kill him but when he was on the show he had a fever of 104 and back then they didn't have good medicine for the Peritonitis(Peritonitis-an infection of the peritoneum). His last show before he died was the water torture cell.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's kinda of ironic how his own job helped kill him. He was an expert at his job and experts aren't expected to die due to their expertise, but Houdini does. It must of really shocked people when he died, maybe even more than when he made his amazing escapes. Where did Houdini learn his escapes from? Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my fifth grade teacher reading this book to my class and he would amaze me so much. I actually got upset of how he died. His tricks were just outside the box and unexpected. I mean I wouldn't go through that trouble of having the risk of being killed by one of his tricks, but I would've loved to see one of his performances when he was still alive. Amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete