Tuesday, November 26, 2013

13 Reasons Why 11/3/13

Title- 13 Reasons Why

Pages- 1-12

Prompt- How have your feelings changed as you’ve been reading?

In the beginning I thought the book was going to be boring. One reason I thought it was going to be boring was because of the cover. The cover has a girl on the swing and that kind of made me think that it was going to be about a teenager being bullied in a playground. Second I thought the book was going to be boring because of the title. The title effected me drastically when I saw the title I though about thirteen reasons why I stopped being the person I use to be. Lastly when I saw the book all together I thought that she was getting bullied and then she sat on a swing in the playground. Then she changed her mind and decided she wasn't going to let them bully her anymore.

In the first ten pages I new I was wrong. One reason I new I was wrong was because in the beginning It started out with a tape's and the tape's said 1 all the way to 13. Then I knew it was not going to be boring. That it was going to be a suspens full book. Second reason I new I was wrong was when she started the tape. Then the person recording the tape said that the 13 tapes represented people and what they did to help in the death of a girl.

Over all my feelings about the book changed a lot after reading the first 12 pages. I have learned not to judge a book by its cover. When people told me that I always told them it does because if it looks good most likely it will be good.  If it looks bad it most likely is bad.  In most cases it is true for the books I puck but now I know to give every book a chance.



1 comment:

  1. Every single time I read a book I think the same thing. For know I should really use the quote "Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover". When I read a book my feelings also change after reading two or three chapters. In my opinion I think the point of a book is to change the readers and the main character's feelings. Overall great job explaining your feelings directly about this book. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete