Sunday, May 3, 2015

Which Tuesday did I like best?

Based on the 6 Tuesdays you have read about in Tuesdays with Morrie, choose which topic (The World, Feeling Sorry For Yourself, Regrets, Death, Family, or Emotions) that has had the most impact on you or inspired you. On your blogdiscuss the importance of this topic with your own opinions, including textual evidence (direct quotes) from the book


If I were to pick any of the 6 Tuesdays it would have to be the 6th Tuesday, because it taught me how to detach myself. I sometimes let out emotion, but other times I don't. I don't let people know me the way they should, when I should let them. To detach means to "you don't let the experience penetrate you. On the contrary you, you let it penetrate you fully. That's how you are able to leave it". What Morrie is a saying is that you have to let the emotion take control of you, but then you have to let it go. You have to understand the emotion fully to be able to let go of it.

When Morrie first talked about it I didn't really understand, but as you read more you begin to understand what it means. He mentions a part about envy "' That's envy, I'm going to separate from it now.' And walk away."' Morrie mentions it a few more times throughout the book, but once you understand it you start to think of it more. Then once you try it you understand that it works at it should be used. Morrie also learned that 

At the end of the 6th Tuesday there was a little talk about how Morrie doesn't want to leave this world in horror or in any emotion. Morrie wants to lave as peaceful as he can so he has to detach when he feels he might die. " I don't want to leave the world in a state of fright," This really shows that Morrie wants to lave the world as he came in it, peacefully. He wants to be able to leave with no thoughts, just himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment