Wednesday, May 14, 2014

If you have successfully completed the challenge or are about to, how did you make this happen?

The forty book challenge is basically having to read 40 books in about a year of school. I am about have way through the forty book challenge (26/40). I believe like in the beginning of the forty book challenge I was ready for it ,one month and I was 6 books in. After that month ended I felt like I stopped reading so much I wasn't so engaged anymore. Near the end which is really close I noticed I have started reading more. Through out this experience i found out that reading is actually really fun if you have nothing to do. I feel like I will read more during the summer than last summer. I think I have done all of this by pure will if I didn't have the will to do this then I would probably have just read for my blogger.


Based on your 6th grade year, how would you rate what you have read this year?

Based on my 6th grade year I feel like I have improved a lot. In my 6ht grade year I feel like I didn't read, I didn't feel like reading. Then my teacher pushed me and showed me about so many good books. Until I started checking them out I wouldn't feel like reading or even open a work unless it was for school. What i have read this year is way different then what I would read last year. Last year I would rate what I read a 5/10 and now 9/10. Over this year I have tried different genres all because of the 40 book challenge.

Consider the amount of books you have read, as well as the caliber of the text.

The amount of books I have read this year is pretty decent. I could have went more if i would have put more effort this year. I have next year to work on the 40 book challenge. I think we should keep the forty book challenge but to have a prize at the end for the people that made it ,like a pizza party. This would make more people try and strive for it because
they would want to eat pizza (good pizza) with there friends.

What are your thoughts about the 40 Book Challenge going in to 8th grade? 

5 comments:

  1. I felt the opposite I stopped reading during the Winter Break and before that. After February I started reading more and more books. I agree the amount of book you've read is decent because you were able to pass more than 20 books. That means you're like 60% or more done with the 40-Book Challenge. I do agree with you about the prize but I still wonder what the actual prize is? Great Reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've read more books this year than last year also. Exactly how many books did you read though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty surprised that several people had such a positive view on the 40 Book Challenge. I feel that at first it seemed like a lot of hard work and nobody would really be up to the task. I feel that several people were able to read about 20 books that had not been counted as two. It seems lik you did a great book keeping up with the task!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are right at first you really wanted to read all 40 books then you start to slow down and stop reading that much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented on stanley, nadrian, carlos

    ReplyDelete